Skip to Content
Contact Us

Apply for Health Benefits

Apply for Health Benefits

You may get a Health Application by calling the Funds’ Call Center or from many UMWA district and local union offices. You can also find copies of this application as well as other forms HERE.

If you have not completed your application properly, the plan will have to contact you to get the needed information; this will delay the processing of your application. After you have completed the application, mail or take it to the Funds’ Washington, D.C. office.

Information about the specific plans and eligibility requirements can be found in the Summary Plan Descriptions.

Forms should be printed, filled out by hand and mailed to:

UMWA Health and Retirement Funds
2121 K St., NW – Suite 350
Washington, DC 20037

The beneficiary call center can be reached from 9 – 4:45 Monday through Friday at 1-800-291-1425 to answer your questions about pension or health applications as well as any questions about your current health or pension benefits.

The Funds’ field office in Beckley, WV provides pension counseling services before an application has been filed.

Application forms are available at all Funds’ and District offices. In addition, these offices can provide general information about pension benefits.